- What is the National Careers Service?
- Who can the National Careers Service help?
- What can the National Careers Service do for me?
- Where can I get help?
- How much will the service cost me?
What is the National Careers Service?
The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make better and informed decisions on a full range of learning, training and work opportunities. We offer helpful and impartial advice; our qualified advisers will empower you to make your own careers and learning choices.
Our website also offers a wealth of information you can use to prepare and plan for your future.
Who can the National Careers Service help?
We offer support for anyone over the age of 13; there is no maximum age limit and your level of qualification does not matter:
- For those between the ages of 13 and 19, we provide a telephone advice line 0800 100 900 and a web chat service on our website
- If you are aged over 19 or are 18 and claiming jobseekers allowance, we can also offer face to face appointments with advisers based across the London boroughs. Appointments across London can be booked via the advice line
What can the National Careers Service do for me?
We can help you to:
- develop your CV
- search and apply for jobs
- understand the job market
- search for courses and training schemes
- find funding to support any learning
- identify your key strengths and skills
- explore your career options
- choose training routes that fit your lifestyle
- develop an action plan – this can help you achieve your goals
- refer you to other useful organisations.
Where can I get help?
We offer advice either over the telephone or face to face:
- Please call 0800 100 900 to speak at length with an adviser over the telephone. Calls are free from a landline (not free from a mobile)
- To book a face to face appointment with one of our advisers in Feltham library, please see the reception staff (if you are aged 19 and over)
- Take a look at our website https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
- Keep a look out for us at careers events across London
How much will using the service cost me?
- Absolutely nothing – our service is free of charge for all
- Tuesday 4 June, 2 to 4pm
- Tuesday 2 July, 2 to 4pm
to find out more information about the upcoming sessions, or to book a place please call Fulham Library on: 0208 753 3877
What was most useful:
- “How to structure the CV & Covering letter”
- “How to write a CV to match the jobs I am applying for”
- “The examples of different CVs”
- “Helped me to identify my skills because I ‘vent worked for a long time”
How the clients will use the information gained from the workshop:
- “I will improve my current CV by including the necessary information”
- “I feel that I have things I can put on my CV despite not working in a long time”
- “To apply for jobs”
- “I have learnt how to change my CV and not use the same CV for every job I am applying for”