If you haven’t been to the library for a while, pick your nearest one and come and find out what we have to offer.
At Hammersmith Library today, you’ll find:
- A special ‘National Libraries Day’ Under Fives’ session from 10.30am – 11.00am
- The launch of our first French Club for Children (aged 5 – 11): 11.00am to 12 noon. Please come along to explore France and its language
- A Children’s Art Session (1pm – 2pm) to celebrate both Chinese New Year with Harry Potter along with National Libraries Day. All ages welcome.
At Askew Road Library you’ll find:
- 11am – 1pm: LEGO® and Classic Games Fun for Children aged 5 and up.
Children aged under 8 will need to be accompanied by an adult at all times
- 2pm – 3pm: English Conversation Group
This is the first meeting and is run by one of our regular library users.
- 3pm – 4.30pm: Afternoon Tea with a chat and some biscuits
Why not come and have a cup of tea with a biscuit and have a chat about libraries, local area, favourite book or whatever.
PLUS: Any customer joining the library for the first time today at any of our four main libraries, borrows 4 books or 2 DVDs they will be able to borrow a free DVD!
We also have lots of regular events, both on Saturdays and during the week. Or just come in and have a look at our wide range of books for both adults and children, use the library computers, ask a question, borrow a DVD or CD, find out about local history at Hammersmith & Fulham Archives, or use the study space we offer.
If you can’t get to the library today, have a look at our brilliant online resources – you can download e-books and e-audiobooks for free, and use the Times newspaper archives and Encyclopaedia Britannica (and more) from home too.
There are loads of reasons to love libraries this National Libraries Day. Come and find out why!